Since 1979, the South Coast Writing Project has offered our Invitational Summer Institute in Composition and Critical Literacy, a combined think-tank and writers’ workshop, exploring applied and theoretical issues in the teaching of writing and critical literacy. It is our centerpiece and the most transformative learning opportunity offered. It will be a summer you will never forget.
- Explore new and wide-ranging strategies for improving student writing
- Inquire into our teaching practice
- Write extensively and meaningfully
- Collaborate with diverse colleagues
- Develop your leadership potential as a member of a regional, state, and national network of teachers dedicated to equitable, relevant models of education