In this session we will be digging in and exploring the core values of connected learning.
At the core of connected learning are three values:
- Equity -- when educational opportunity is available and accessible to all young people, it elevates the world we all live in.
- Full Participation -- learning environments, communities, and civic life thrive when all members actively engage and contribute.
- Social connection -- learning is meaningful when it is part of valued social relationships and shared practice, culture, and identity.
This sounds good, but what does it look like in the wild?
Things to Do in Session One
1. Watch Steven Ritz' recent TED Talk, "A teacher growing green in the South Bronx." Share your thoughts in the discussion thread.
2. Look at the NWP Digital Is site. Find an example of a project or article which you feel embodies the Connected Learning Core Values. Bring it back and share it by creating a new discussion item.