In this time of uncertain national funding, we have found Family Literacy
workshops to be a consistent source of revenue for our site. As a way
of helping other Writing Project sites, we are offering this Institute
to demonstrate what we do in our program and to work with Teacher
Consultants from your site to develop a Family Literacy program of your
own. TCs will learn:
• What the Family Literacy Initiative encompasses
• How we developed our program
• How we train TCs to be presenters
• How we market our workshops to schools, churches, libraries, and other literacy sites
• How we develop new workshops
Participants will also have an opportunity to engage in two different demonstration workshops and have work time to think about developing workshops and training in their own contexts.
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The cost is just $75 per person which includes breakfast and lunch. To reserve your spot or learn more, please contact Kimberly Pavlock, EMWP Youth and Family Programs Director, at email@example.com or 248.880.5351.
We encourage sites to send a team of at least two people.